[MKDoc-dev] Events Component, pull down menus

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 17:29:36 BST 2004

Hi

On Tue 19-Oct-2004 at 05:20:10PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

> We have been discussing the interface for setting the date.  Chris
> prefers text entry boxes, but I much prefer the pull-down menus.
>
> Either way the form elements need to have <label> tags for
> accessibility reasons - Chris will be able to change the template
> appropriately.

Yep, this will have to be tomorrow now...

> Since there will be label tags, the menus don't need to default to
> [Month] [Day] [Year], would it be simple to default to the current
> date instead?

Makes sense to me.

Also it shouldn't be a problem using the i18n attributes to mark up
the months for translation in 1.8 if the months are in the template,
eg:

  <select>
    <option value="01" title="01" i18n:translate="jan">January</option>
    <option value="02" title="02" i18n:translate="feb">Febuary</option>
    <option value="03" title="03" i18n:translate="mar">March</option>
  </select>

Due to a bug with select lists in an old version of IE for Macs we
have generally used a petal condition to find the <option> that
should be the default (in this case the current month) and then
added the selected="selected" attribute to this element and then
follow this with a a loop through the other options.