[MKDoc-dev] Newsletters broken in MKDoc 1.6?

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Mon Nov 8 12:41:43 GMT 2004

On Mon 01-Nov-2004 at 10:56 -0500, Sam Tregar wrote:

> Thanks Chris.  I've done a examination of the CVS logs and I've
> figured out when it was broken.  On March 29th jhiver made a commit
> (1.1.2.16) without a log entry which changed the way the SQL worked in
> 020..newsletter.pl.  Looking at this change it looks to me like part
> of an unfinished project which was commited by mistake.  I believe
> that reverting this change will fix the problem I found.

Wow that is a long time for this to be broken.  We haven't noticed
because I tend to update the code on live servers only when there is
a critical bug and I generally do it via CVS on selected files.

More recent installations haven't required the newsletter either..

This seems to be the bug:

  54,56c54
  < SELECT DISTINCT Document.Title, Document.Date_Created, Document.Full_Path, Document.Description,
  <                 Editor.First_Name, Editor.Family_Name, Editor.Login,
  <                 Creator.First_Name as Creator_First_Name, Creator.Family_Name as Creator_Family_Name
  ---
  > SELECT Document.ID AS ID, SUM(Preference_Audience.Value) AS Pref_Score
  94a86
  >     my $doc_t = flo::Standard::table ('Document');
  97c89,90
  <       my $doc = bless $h, 'flo::Record::Document';
  ---
  >         next unless ($h->{Pref_Score} > 0);
  >       my $doc = $doc_t->get ( $h->{ID} );

"Creator.First_Name as Creator_First_Name, Creator.Family_Name as
Creator_Family_Name" shouldn't have been removed, is that right?  I
can't find anything else you have reverted.

--
Bruno