[MKDoc-admin] Re: Unable to log in

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Fri Jun 13 11:57:27 BST 2003

On Fri 13-Jun-2003 at 07:33:37AM +0700, Roger Merritt wrote:
> At 06:14 PM 6/12/03, you wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like apache is serving just the first VirtualHost for
> > all domains; do you have a "NameVirtualHost *" statement in your
> > httpd.conf?
>
> Yes, I noticed that and wondered about changing it to
> "NameVirtualHost *.imp.ac.th", then decided the more general
> regexp was better.

The NameVirtualHost setting is an ip-address followed by an optional
port number, so it might look like one of these:

    NameVirtualHost *
    NameVirtualHost 10.3.16.125
    NameVirtualHost *:80
    NameVirtualHost 10.3.16.125:80

> Another baffling symptom: from my desktop machine I'm able to ping
> the www, admin, and su domain names, but not the editor domain
> name -- that one gives me a 'host not found' error.

I'm a bit confused, mkdoc-1.4 uses three domain names:

      www.example.com
      editor.example.com
      admin.example.com

(mkdoc-1.6 is a bit simpler, 'editor' and 'admin' have been merged
into a unified 'users' interface)

> The others ping successfully, but resolve to the address of the
> external interface. In the /etc/hosts file all four are listed
> with the ip address 10.3.16.125, which is the address of the
> internal network card. Ping shows the address as 203.151.134.104,
> which is the address of the external network interface, the one
> that connects my lan to the internet.

That doesn't sound right, what do your /etc/hosts entries look like?

--
Bruno