[MKDoc-admin] RE: mkdoc

Mike Preston issmip at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 18 17:43:07 GMT 2003

Hello,

> You're probably using MKDoc 1.4.
>
> Try looking into your SITE directory (not the MKDoc directory), there
> should be a file called 'GLOBAL' under the 'config' directory.
Yes, we've running version 1.4.4.

On the tidy command line we have the option
--char-encoding utf8
this seems to throw things out. If I have

<title>Hello</title>

in /tmp/test.html

and do

% tidy /tmp/test.html

then I get some output. But

% tidy --char-encoding uft8 /tmp/test.html

produces nothing. I could remove it obviously, but is this correct?

Mike.

Mike Preston                 Email: M.I.Preston at leeds.ac.uk
Information Systems Services           Phone: 0113 233 5844
University of Leeds                    Fax:   0113 233 5411
Leeds LS2 9JT