[MKDoc-users] SuSE Installation part II

Bruno Postle bruno@mkdoc.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:31:30 +0100

On Sun 15-Sep-2002 at 06:34:57PM +0200, Friedrich-Stade@gmx.de wrote:

> Now i started Mozilla with
>
> http://www.example.com
>
> and the result was:
>
> Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

It might not sound good, but it means that you have apache connecting to
mkdoc.

> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>
> Apache/1.3.20 Server at www.example.com Port 80

By the way, this version of apache is very old - If this machine
connects to the internet, it should really be upgraded - If it doesn't
have an internet connection, then don't worry.

> http://editor.example.com
>
> and after my login password I saw this error message:
>
> $VAR1 = bless( {
>                  'code' => 'RUNTIME_ERROR',
>                  'info' => 'Cannot connect:
> DBI->connect(database=mkdoc1:host=localhost) failed: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket
> \'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock\' (13) at ../../lib/sql/DBH.pm line 91

Is there a mysql 'socket'?  It should appear as a file with this
address:

    /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Is mysqld running?  (Type ps -lA and see if there is a process called
mysqld)

> In /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mkdoc/mkdoc/lib/sql/DBH.pm I found this:

>     my $driver   = $self->{driver}   || "mysql";
>     my $database = $self->{database} || "test";

This is just a bit of debug code in the software, what is says is: "If
the name of the database hasn't been defined, try 'test' instead".

> My Apache httpd.conf seems to be the problem  or do I have to edit the
> DBH.pm and maybe other files?

No .pm files are libraries, there is no need to edit them.

--
Bruno                                                   http://mkdoc.com/