[ecohost-mail1] Problems with mail1.ecohost.coop over the last few days

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 09:41:58 GMT 2015

Hi

You might have noticed a slower than usual response from
mail1.ecohost.coop over the last few days, we believe this was due to a
clients email account being compromised and being used to send massive
volumes of spam. We have reset the password on the account and the load
is now back to normal, however it might take a while before things are
fully back to normal as services such as GMail have been delaying email
from mail1.ecohost.coop due to the very high volumes.

Details about server and dns settings for Ecohost email can be found
here:

- https://docs.webarch.net/wiki/Email#Ecohost_Email

Please note that we have found a couple of domains in the last week
which have had incorrect DNS settings, see:

- https://docs.webarch.net/wiki/Email#Ecohost_MX_Record

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative
http://webarchitects.coop/