[Petal] mod_perl segfaults / test scripts

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:40:19 +0100

> BTW, I'm glad to see the updates you are are making to Petal. It's great to see the
> Zope guys helping to build a language neutral templating solution. How long will
> Petal continue to support the original modifier format?

As long as you'd like, if you do that at the beginning of your program:

$Petal::Hash::MODIFIERS->{':uc'}     = \'uc:';
$Petal::Hash::MODIFIERS->{':var'}    = \'var:';
$Petal::Hash::MODIFIERS->{':encode'} = \'encode:';

etc.

This way you can alias whatever you like. Let's say you're sick of
writing 'encode:blah', you could do at the beginning of your program:

$Petal::Hash::MODIFIERS->{'@'} = \'encode:';
And then write: @blah instead.

Even better, the stacked modifiers would still work, i.e.
@upperCase:blah

This (undocumented) feature will be supported from version 0.5.
Cool huh?

IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com