[MKDoc-dev] self_uri stripping port number

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Tue Sep 28 16:22:10 BST 2004

Good morning,

On 26/9/04 at 9:15 PM +0100, Bruno Postle <bruno at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sun 26-Sep-2004 at 19:49 +1000, Charlie Garrison wrote:
>>
>> I have changed the 'url' sub in MKDoc-Core/lib/MKDoc/Core/Request.pm:
>
>> And I have added the following lines to
>> sites/example.com.au/httpd/httpd-env.conf (I'm not sure where the
>> original used during site setup/install is located):
>
>Thanks, I'll look at integrating these after the week-end.  I'd
>identified this exact same problem last week with another system
>running MKDoc.
>
>This system has multiple sites, each running on different
>high-ports, a front-end apache uses mod_proxy to map them all onto
>the same external ip-address - We have been altering the regular
>expression directly, but your solution is more generic.

I had made changes to regexes in 1.6, and I knew I would have to keep re-doing
those changes in 1.8 everytime I updated my local cvs copy. Past experience
has told me that creating a useable solution to start with will take less time
than repeatedly 'fixing' the problem with each code update.

Hopefully the solution I created will work in all situations.

Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia